WAGON WHEEL LIGHT FIXTURE : WAGON WHEEL
Wagon wheel light fixture : Chrome harley davidson wheels : Gumball longboard wheels.
Wagon Wheel Light Fixture
- A light fixture or light fitting is an electrical device used to create artificial light and/or illumination.
- (Light Fixtures) Light fixtures are the mechanisms that hold or contain the light bulbs or lamps. They usually have horizontal and vertical ledges that can collect dirt and dust.
- a complete lighting unit consisting of a lamp (light bulb) or lamps, a housing, and a connection to the source of electrical power.
- "Wagon Wheel" is a song originally sketched by Bob Dylan and later completed by Old Crow Medicine Show. Thom Jurek, , Allmusic
- Wagon Wheels are a snack food in Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland which have a marshmallow centre and are covered in a chocolate flavoured coating. They are produced and distributed by Burton's Foods.
Fire Engine Co. No. 67
Washington Heights, Manhattan
The station house for Engine Company 67 was constructed in 1897-98 for a new]y-formed fire company established to serve the rapidly-growing section of New York City known as Washington Heights. Using the specific requirements developed for a firehouse, French-trained architects Emest Flagg and Walter B. Chambers created a dynamic and lyrical composition which sets it apart from many other firehouse designs of the period. They used classical elements such as a bracketed comice, a hooded, round arch, an elaborate cartouche, and a pedimented window opening set in a masonry building. They also included modem steel framing which is articulated in the large expanse of glass window openings, creating a unique facade which pays homage to both the past and future. Flagg and Chambers explored these same ideas again in 1898-99, on a second, larger firehouse at 44 Great Jones Street for Engine Company 33 (a designated New York City Landmark).
The Washington Heights Neighborhood^
The area of northern Manhattan between the Hudson and Harlem Rivers bounded on the north by Dyckman Street and on the south by 155"' Street is known as Washington Heights. Named for Fort Washington, which was erected during the Revolutionary War on a ridge between what is now 181" and 186*" Streets, this section had further associations with the general because Washington used the grand Georgian style home of Roger Morris at Edgecombe Avenue near 160*" Street (now known as the Morris/Jume! Mansion, 1765, remodeled c. 1810, a designated New York City Landmark) as his military headquarters in 1776.
Originally the area was unproductive farmland, but it became a choice location for country estates of wealthy New Yorkers during most of the nineteenth century because of its high ground and spectacular views. In 1810, much of Morris' large estate was purchased by Stephen Jumel and his wife Eliza B. Jumel. After Stephen Jumel's death in 1834, the property was held by his widow until she died in 1865. Numerous claims were made on the estate by their heirs, and the cases were not settled until 1881. After that, the property was subdivided for development. Some of the first new buildings were the small attached, wooden houses on Sylvan Terrace, formerly a carriage drive leading to the Morris home. Later, more substantial, masonry rowhouses were built on Jumel Terrace and 160"* and 161" Streets, beginning in the 1890s (both areas are within the boundaries of the Jumel Terrace Historic District). Development was limited, however, by a shortage of easy transportation to the rest of the bustling city to the south. The nearest elevated trains stopped at Eighth Avenue and 155"* Street and were inconveniently located at the bottom of a cliff. In the late 1880s, a cable street railway was installed on Tenth Avenue (now Amsterdam) between 125"* and 155"* Streets, providing an easier link to the downtown commercial district. The Washington Heights Taxpayers Association was an active group of civic boosters that helped bring other improvements to the area, including, in 1890-91, the iron viaduct at 155"* Street which connected the Central (now Macomb's Dam ) Bridge with St. Nicholas Place to improve circulation between the Bronx, Harlem, and the Upper West Side. (Both the 155"* Street Viaduct and the Macomb's Dam Bridge are designated New York City Landmarks.)
Engine Company 67
Well before the subway reached Broadway and 157"* Street in 1904, the newly-divided lots in the northern part of Washington Heights began to be sold. During the 1880s, there were a considerable number of land transactions. Buyers tended to purchase single lots although very few houses were actually constructed. There was enough prospect of development, however, for the fire department to foresee a need for a new station in this area. With funds from a recent bond issue specifically for the purchase of sites for new buildings,'" New York City purchased lot 35 from Marcus L. Stieglitz although the actual construction of the firehouse did not take place for four more years." The fire department's projections were correct, as flats began to appear along the main avenues by the mid- to late 1890s. In the 1896 Fire Department Annua! Report, there was notice of "numerous and urgent demands for more fire protection in the suburban districts..." and an announcement of plans and specifications for a new house at 170"* Street, to cost $22,000.'*
Engine Company 67 was organized on August 21. 1898, with one engine and a four-wheel hose wagon. During the last part of 1898, the company performed at four fires. This company has continued to operate out of this same location for more than 100 years,now fighting more than 2,000 fires each year.
Engine Company 67 is a three-story, brick and limestone structure with a metal-covered, pitched roof. It fills its lot and adjoins the
We spent the night at a "Boy Scout Reservation" (I am SO sad that I did not get a picture of that sign).
The main lodge was... "rustic"
aka, the lighting fixtures were wagon wheels suspended from the ceiling by a rusty chain. There was a barrel in the middle of each wheel. From the spokes hung lanterns with light bulbs inside of them. And there were animal heads on the walls.
acura tl custom wheels
grant wood steering wheels
amg wheels 18
cheap longboard wheels and trucks
lost my wheel lock key
billet specialties custom wheels
restore steering wheel
sprinter 5th wheel